Family Off-Road Tour
SUNDAY, APRIL 21, 2024
Bring the whole crew along for an introductory tour of the beautiful off-roading world. Introducing the NEW Family Off-Road Tour.
Start side-by-side with your crew mates on the Fort Ord’s fire roads, then finish with a sampling of some sweet single track. Along the way, expect uncanny coastline views, on-course surprises and plenty of good times to keep the family-friendly fire stoked.
View details here for Family Off-Road Tour: Fees / Categories / Schedule
To register, click here.
You must register at least one day before your scheduled event. NO RIDE DAY REGISTRATION. No refunds or transfers of ride registration.
Registration packets must be picked up in person and you must present a valid photo ID. Pre-registered riders may pick up registration packets on race day morning. See ride schedule.
- Race course support: Feed Zone, medical team
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary 4-day Festival Pass
- Complimentary post-ride showers
- Secure bag drop
- Secure bike valet
- Post-race lunch and complimentary Sierra Nevada beer at the Casa Amigos Rider Lounge
The Family Off-Road Tour is perfect for families and kids of all ages. Please note that children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
While the course is designed to be family-friendly, we will offer opportunities to exit early, should you or your family need.
The start location is the Sea Otter Bridge. 2024 Course Map will be posted on March 1, 2024.
Arriving at the Venue
Whether you plan to arrive at Sea Otter via car, bike or public transportation, you should review the directions to the venue before you set out. Many roads surrounding Laguna Seca will be closed to traffic during the event so you should plan your route in advance and allow ample time when you arrive at Sea Otter to get to your destination. Gran Fondo routes start at the Tire Bridge and finish in the Raceway Paddock.
- Wednesday noon to 6 p.m.
- Thursday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. (Pre-registered athlete packet pick-up only. No Registrations.)
Riders that have already registered online can pick-up their packets the same day as their ride.
Rider Support includes mechanical and SAG support (including mobile tech) along the way. Enthusiastic volunteers provide fuel and hydration at the rest stations that dot the course. We also offer bike-and-bag valet service which you can take advantage of before and after the ride.
Rider Safety Rules
- Obey all traffic laws. Riders are required to be familiar with California bicycle safety laws. Violators may be ticketed by local law enforcement, removed from the ride, or banned from future Life Time Sea Otter events. Visit here for more information: https://www.
- Yield to those with the right of way. All recreation trails and roads within the Gran Fondo routes are open to the public. Please be courteous to other users and yield when necessary.
- Ride safely and predictably. This includes riding single-file. Any rider found to be riding illegally, unsafely, recklessly, or discourteously will be removed from the Gran Fondo and banned from future Life Time Sea Otter events.
- Helmets are required for all riders. Only ANSI- or Snell-approved helmets are allowed.
- No headphones allowed.
- Bicycles only, including tandems. No tricycles, trailers, or other rigs. No personal support vehicles. No passengers allowed.
- No unregistered participants. All riders must display their Gran Fondo number (on jersey and handlebars) and wear their Gran Fondo wristband. Unregistered riders will be prohibited from accessing certain areas of the course and will not have access to refueling stations and post-ride activities.
- Be prepared for all weather conditions. Gran Fondo rides are held rain or shine. Life Time Sea Otter Classic maintains the right to alter the routes based on permit restrictions, current conditions, or construction impacts.
No refunds or transfers of race registration.
Athletes are allowed to defer entry into the following year. This requires payment of a deferral fee equal to 40% of the original paid entry fee. A ride entry can only be deferred one time and only to the following year’s event. Deferrals must be completed no later than Sunday, April 14, 2024. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
If you choose to defer and you have purchased retail items during registration, please note the following. Retail purchases can be refunded if you selected to “Pickup” at the venue. Purchases completed as “Ship” cannot be refunded. Retail purchases will not carry over in a deferred entry.
All Sea Otter participants will be required to submit a release waiver and assumption of risk form. Save time in line by completing them in advance. All Sea Otter participants are required to wear an approved helmet- no exceptions. USA Cycling Helmet Policy
The Fort Ord National Monument is open to visitors during Sea Otter. Riders need to adhere to trail rules and passing speed limits when passing a rider going in the opposite direction. Passing speed limits during the tours (5 mph on single-track and 10 mph on roads) will be enforced.