Sea Otter Classic continues to closely monitor public health conditions and will always operate following all state and county health orders to safeguard its athletes, spectators, exhibitors, campers, staff, volunteers, and community. Here is a link to Monterey County, California statistics. Guidelines may change at any time and this page is updated often to reflect current conditions.
The protocols below are the current Sea Otter Classic safety plans.
Updated September 8, 2021
Sea Otter Classic is a 100% open-air event and takes place in an extremely large footprint. Athletes and attendees will not be required to enter any structure with walls.
- Based on the current guidelines of Monterey County, California, masks are not currently required outdoors. If the guidelines for mask-wearing change – we will inform you as soon as we know. We encourage people to follow the CDC Guidelines for Outdoor Events.
- Masks will be required on all athlete and media shuttles for shuttle drivers and riders.
- Pre-registration is encouraged for all participants. In addition, we will provide digital options for safe onsite registration and check in.
- Hand washing stations will be available to patrons throughout the venue, and all staff, exhibitors and volunteers will be encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands regularly.
- We encourage all exhibitors to have hand sanitizer in their booths and to clean and sanitize their booths frequently.
- We encourage cashless forms of payment or digital transactions for passes and merchandise. Point of sale systems will be sanitized regularly.
- We ask that Sea Otter guests do their part in social distancing from others not in their group and are courteous about following our event protocols.
Please note all policies are dependent on local and state guidelines and may be subject to change.
It is our goal to create incredibly memorable experiences for the Life Time Sea Otter Classic community and we look forward to the day when we are all able to meet at the starting line once again.