Laguna Seca Recreation Area, 1021 Monterey Salinas Highway, Salinas, CA 93908
Thursday, April 16 9:00 a.m. – 5:00* p.m.
Friday, April 17 9:00 a.m. – 6:00* p.m.
Saturday, April 18 9:00 a.m. – 6:00* p.m.
Sunday, April 19 9:00 a.m. – 4:00* p.m.
*Note – vehicles are not permitted into the Expo area prior to Expo close, and vehicles will not be permitted to stage in front of the Expo entrance due to fire and safety regulations.
Note: For 2020 there will be NO EXHIBITOR MOVE IN scheduled for Thursday morning. Should you need to make specific Move-In arrangements due to an inability to meet the schedule below, contact Madison Giger via email email@example.com.
Steps and times have changed, read this section for instructions on check in and set up and share this information with the individual(s) responsible for setting up your booth at Sea Otter.
Exhibitor Move-In Days:
Monday, April 13 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 14 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 15 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Teams Parking Behind the Newman Building may move in Wednesday, April 15, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm.
What to do when you arrive:
- Follow the signs to Exhibitor Check-In. This is located in the Newman Building next to the Gran Fondo Services area in the paddock. To view this area on the map, click here.
- When you arrive at Exhibitor Check-In park your vehicle where indicated and proceed into the building to receive Exhibitor Parking Passes and Festival Passes (wristbands). This is a great time to ask questions and confirm your booth location. Note: Festival Passes are used during the event and must be shown/worn to enter the Expo.
- Once you have checked in, follow the signs back around to Exhibitor Services located in the lake bed and from there you will be directed to your booth space. If you are unsure about your exact location, ask one of the designated Expo workers.
- When you arrive at your booth, unload your supplies and move your vehicle to temporary Move-In parking located at the Turn 5 parking lot (Blue 3 park signage). NOTE: Turn 5 will only be used for Exhibitor Parking during Move-In this Exhibitor Parking during the event will now be located in the paddock. See below for additional details on Exhibitor Parking.
- Exhibitors can make arrangements for earlier Move-In by contacting Madison Giger via email or call (831) 402-
- All exhibitors with booth space larger than a 20 x 30 or who plan to place a trailer in their booth space are strongly encouraged to set up on either Monday, April 13, or Tuesday, April 14.
Important information for exhibitors:
- Overnight security will be roving on-site from 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 14, 2019 until 7:00 a.m. Monday, April 20, 2019. Sea Otter Classic is not responsible for any lost or stolen items and does not recommend leaving any merchandise in an unattended booth. If you want to have your own security assigned to your booth you can arrange for it. To source a supplier, check our 2020 Approved Vendor List.
- During the event, vehicle load/unload hours and other vehicle restrictions will be enforced, including a 20-foot fire lane requirement throughout the
- Loading or unloading of vehicles inside the Expo must be outside of Expo hours Thursday-Sunday.
- NEW FOR 2020: Turn Five parking will no longer be used for Exhibitor Parking; it will be utilized as consumer reserved parking. Exhibitors will now be directed to park in the raceway paddock, and those spaces will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. When the paddock is full, exhibitors will be directed to park on Wolf If you park in Wolf Hill parking, be aware that there are golf cart shuttles available to shuttle exhibitors from Exhibitor Parking to the Expo.
- Remember, parking at Laguna Seca is at a premium; we strongly encourage exhibitors to ride share and carpool when possible. If you typically use your vehicle to store product during the show, contact Madison Giger via email regarding utilizing our convenient on-site storage
- Reminder: If you need to drop off product at your booth during show hours, you are welcome to drive your vehicle down to Exhibitor Services where our operations team will be happy to deliver your product to your booth. For assistance with after-hours booth deliveries, contact Madison Giger via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: You may NOT leave vehicles unattended at Exhibitor Services. Remain with your vehicle at all times.
Those exhibitors needing to park Vehicles or Trailers overnight will be directed to Long Term Vehicle/Trailer Parking for the event. Overnight parking of trailers and trucks will not be allowed in Exhibitor Parking. If you have any questions whatsoever regarding Move-In, parking, long term parking, or booth set up, email Madison Giger via email email@example.com.
Exhibitors may tear down during the following times:
Sunday, April 19 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday, April 20 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
VERY IMPORTANT: Be advised there is no area or staff to receive and store shipments of any kind at Laguna Seca Recreation Area before the event begins. Sea Otter Classic works with a local company, TriCord Tradeshow Services, to handle your shipping needs.
INBOUND SHIPPING – Advance ship to warehouse
All inbound freight will be shipped to TriCord who will store your freight and deliver it to your booth. For all inbound shipments please complete the proper labels on the forms which can be found in the links below, clearly label each shipment with “Sea Otter Classic” and list the category of items enclosed.
INBOUND SHIPPING – Direct to Show and Material Handling
The Sea Otter Classic and/or Weather Tech Raceway at Laguna Seca will not accept direct shipments to the venue. All inbound shipments must be handled by TriCord. Prior to shipping, you must complete and return the material handling form.
TRICORD ON-SITE MOVE-IN OFFICE HOURS FOR EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS:
Monday, April 13 10:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. By appointment only
Tuesday, April 14 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. By appointment only
Wednesday, April 15 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 16 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Sunday, April 19 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Representatives will be available at 12 noon to collect paperwork)
Starting at noon on Sunday, April 19, TriCord Tradeshow Services will be on hand to help sponsors and exhibitors with outbound freight. If you did not use TriCord’s inbound material handling services but plan on using their out-bound material handling services, you will need to complete the necessary forms and return them to the TriCord trailer by 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 15, 2020. Late orders are subject to a 25% late fee. .
For all shipping questions you may contact TriCord Management at (831) 883-8600 or visit www.tricord.net.
NEW FOR 2020: Exhibitors will now receive Festival Passes and Exhibitor Parking passes according to the matrix below. Any exhibitor purchasing booth space in excess of 20 x 80 will be provided with their Festival Passes and Exhibitor Parking passes as part of their contract. Additional Festival Passes can be purchased for a discounted rate through Map Dynamics.
|Expo Space Purchased||Festival Passes||Parking Passes|
|10 x 10 (100 sf)||2||1|
|10 x 20 (200 sf)||4||1|
|10 x 30 (3oo sf)||6||2|
|20 x 20 (400 sf)||8||2|
|20 x 30 (600 sf)||10||3|
|20 x 40 (800 sf)||12||3|
|20 x 50 (1,000 sf)||14||4|
|20 x 60 (1,200 sf)||16||4|
|20 x 70 (1,400 sf)||18||6|
|20 x 80 ( 1,600 sf)||20||6|
Exhibitor Parking and Festival Passes and will be issued when you check in, unless other arrangements have been made. The event does not give out Exhibitor Credentials. The color-specific wristband acts as the credential for the event. Provide names of any anticipated late arrivals to Sarah Timleck.
If you have questions regarding our 2020 policy, feel free to reach out to Sarah Timleck via email or call (250) 516-7150.
If you will have bikes available for demo, please fill out the form below.
Note: The Ride Zone is the place for visitors to test out one of the many demo bikes available throughout the Expo. The Ride Zone has four designated riding areas.
See the Ride Zone Map for appropriate ride areas. There are four unique riding areas:
- MTB Zone
- Kids Zone
- eMTB Zone
- Raceway Zone
ALL RIDERS MUST ENTER VIA THE RIDE ZONE ENTRANCE.
Sea Otter is pleased to offer exhibitors on-site storage containers which can be rented for the four-day event. Due to size restraints, containers will be located as close to your booth as possible, but we cannot guarantee the containers will be located next to your booth. You may view and order a storage container as part of the exhibitor registration process. To register, click here, or if you have already registered, simply log back into your Sea Otter Exhibitor Account and place your order. Having problems accessing your account? Contact Madison Giger via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sea Otter has tent/canopy rentals for exhibitors and teams looking for tenting options. Canopies are outdoor type only, with 3 sides and a top. You may view and order canopies per 10’ x 10’ space as part of the exhibitor registration process. If you have already registered, simply log back into your Sea Otter Exhibitor Account and place your order, or to source another supplier, check our 2020 Approved Vendor List.
Tables and Chairs
Exhibitors may rent tables and chairs for their booths as part of the registration process or through their registration account. Exhibitors must provide their own table covers.
The following tables and chairs are available for rent when you register for the event:
|8 Ft Table (8 Ft long by 30 inches wide by 30 inches high)||$40/per||(limit 10 per order)|
|6 Ft Table (6 Ft long by 30 inches wide by 30 inches high)||$35/per||(limit 10 per order)|
|4 Ft Round Table||$35/per||(limit 10 per order)|
|Folding Chairs||$25/per||(limit 20 per order)|
You may view and order table and chair rentals as part of the exhibitor registration process. To register, click here, or if you have already registered, simply log back into your Sea Otter Exhibitor Account and place your order. Having problems accessing your account? Contact Madison Giger via email or call (831) 402-7771.
This is an outdoor event on the coast of California, which brings coastal winds. The Expo can be extremely windy so it is important to be prepared with weights for your product and tent. Come prepared for nature to run its course with tie downs, bungee cords, and we ask that you drop your tent at night.
Concrete blocks or water barrels work great to hold tents in place, or feel free to order sandbags prior to the event. Sandbags can be ordered for $15 per sandbag as part of the exhibitor registration process. To register, click here, or if you have already registered, simply log back into your Sea Otter Exhibitor Account and place your order. Sandbags will be delivered to your booth prior to the start of the event. There are a limited number available on-site; order ahead to ensure availability. To source another supplier, check our 2020 Approved Vendor List.
We want to have a safe event, and exhibitors play a large role in making that happen. If you have any questions regarding how to be best prepared contact Madison Giger via email, email@example.com
Sea Otter exhibit spaces do not come with electricity. You may purchase power (15 amp) for $295.00 as part of the exhibitor registration process. Note the following:
- Exhibitors are responsible for bringing their own extension cords. We recommend bringing NO LESS than 100 ft of extension cord.
- If you are purchasing multiple adjacent booths, only one connection needs to be purchased, not one for each booth.
- All exhibitors who purchase power will receive a colored band from Sea Otter staff for their extension cord. Exhibitors who have purchased power must use the colored band on their extension cord. Any cords found plugged into power without bands will be removed.
You may view and purchase electricity as part of the registration process. To register, click here, or if you have already registered, simply log back into your Sea Otter Exhibitor Account and place your order. Having problems accessing your account? Contact Madison Giger via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-potable water stations are available throughout the Expo – view the Expo map to see non-potable water locations. View the Expo map here. The truck wash is located down “B” road next to the gun range, a short distance from the Expo area. Look for directional signs. Use the truck wash to clean your vehicle and do not inconvenience your neighbor by washing in your Expo spot.
Treat your team or valued clients to a One-Day or Four-Day Sea Otter Club Pass for this year’s Sea Otter Classic. Each Club Pass includes:
- A relaxing, luxurious environment to conduct bike industry business, set comfortably apart from the bustling Expo
- Complimentary continental breakfast including gourmet coffee, fresh fruit, hot rolls, and more
- Complimentary expanded buffet lunch featuring a different menu every day
- Complimentary beer and wine served with lunch and throughout the day
- Cost per Pass – $195/One-Day or $675/Four-Day
You can view and purchase your Sea Otter Club passes as part of the registration process. To register, click here, or if you have already registered, simply log back into your Sea Otter Exhibitor Account and place your order. Having problems accessing your account? Contact Sarah Timleck via email or call (250) 516-7150.
The California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) strictly enforces the laws regarding alcohol con- sumption at special events, such as the Sea Otter Classic. In accordance with our Monterey County Special Event Use Permit and insurance policy, only beer and wine are permitted at the Sea Otter Classic and the following rules must be observed:
- Beer and wine No other alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- Beer and wine may only be served to—or possessed, consumed, or purchased by—individuals age twenty-one and up. A valid ID is
- Beer and wine may only be sold by pre-approved
- Personal use of beer and wine in single-serving containers is permitted if purchased from pre-approved
- Distribution of beer and wine at promotional events or private parties/organized gatherings is only allowed if purchased through the Sea Otter Classic beverage services outlined
- Beer kegs are not allowed unless provided by the Sea Otter Classic beverage
For your convenience, we have developed two programs to facilitate ease of compliance with these Alcohol Policy rules:
- Beer and Wine Tickets: As a sponsor or exhibitor, drink tickets can be purchased in advance for your group to use throughout the four-day The tickets can be redeemed for beer or wine at Sea Otter-approved pouring stations. The tickets will be sold in packets of fifty and may be purchased from Zeph Despard, Sea Otter Food & Beverage Coordinator, via email or call (831) 229-3238.
- Promotional Events and Private Parties: Beer and wine tickets are required for promotional events and private parties/organized gatherings. For details and rules contact Zeph Despard via email or call (831) 229-3238.
For questions relating to the Sea Otter Classic alcohol policy contact Madison Giger via email, email@example.com.
The Sea Otter Classic has an approved list of vendors that would be delighted to assist you with your catering and Expo service needs. After arranging for any of the approved vendors to help you at Laguna Seca during the event, advise Zeph Despard via email or call (831) 229-3238 so that arrangements can be made to allow the vendors into the exhibit area.
Click here for our Approved List of Sea Otter Catering and Expo Vendors.
Wi-Fi service for the general public is not available at Laguna Seca. If your display set-up requires internet service, we recommend you plan accordingly. If you have any questions regarding your Wi-Fi needs or to register for Wi-Fi services, reach out to Madison Giger via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.