To reserve a campsite at the 2021 Sea Otter Classic:
The 2021 Sea Otter Classic takes place May 20-23, 2021 in Monterey, California, USA
Camping begins at 12 noon on Wednesday, May 19th, 2021
- Click the above link to book your campsite(s). Please note, there is a three (3) night minimum per site in order to book.
- Identify two or three campsites that will meet your needs. Due to the high demand for camping, your first or second choice may not be available when you try to reserve it.
- Review all Camping Rules and Regulations in Camping Guidelines section below.
- “A”, “B”, and “C” are ‘true’ campgrounds including many amenities, with “B” & “C” having electricity and water hook-ups. “D” campground is dry camping– a converted parking lot with close access to the Expo.
- The full 2021 Sea Otter Classic website will go ‘live’ beginning at 9:00 a.m. in early November 2020 for reservations of all event campgrounds, athlete registration, etc.
- Have a valid credit card with information at hand when you make your online reservation. All sites must be paid in full at time of booking.
- For further information, or if you have questions, please refer to the Camping Guidelines below.
Sea Otter Classic Camping Services Team
Email: [email protected]
SOC Hotline: (800) 218-8411 ext. 3
Please request any changes to your existing camping reservation order in writing via email to: [email protected].
Welcome to the Camping Adventure at Sea Otter Classic 2021!
Rules & Regulations PDF Version
We are excited you chose to camp with us and want the camping experience to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. By reserving a campsite at Sea Otter Classic, you and your fellow camper(s) agree to practice excellent camping etiquette and to abide by all rules and regulations. Sea Otter Classic practices zero-tolerance measures, in order to safeguard all participants.
Sea Otter Classic reserves the right to cancel reservations, without a refund, and to remove disruptive person(s) from the venue for any reason, including behavior likely to cause damage, nuisance or annoyance. Sea Otter Classic reserves the right to refuse admission to any person and to remove person(s) from the venue for any reason at any time, where necessary. Sea Otter Classic retains the right to change campsites without notice.
Camping Check-In Hours of Operation
Wednesday, May 19, 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 20, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday, May 21, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 22, 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For all cancellations received on or before Sunday, March 14, 2021, there will be a $50 administrative cancellation fee PER CAMPSITE. No refunds, for any reason, will be issued after this date.
** Please request any changes or cancellation of your existing camping reservation order in writing via email to: [email protected].
NEW ~ No-Show Policy
If a reserved campsite is still empty by the following morning of the scheduled arrival date, Sea Otter Classic reserves the right to rebook the campsite. At this time, the reserved campsite reservation is no longer active, and refunds will not be processed.
NEW ~ Camping Etiquette 101
- Follow the Leave No Trace Rule (see ‘Leave No Trace’)
- Clean up after your dog and do not leave unattended (see ‘Dogs’)
- Go Over the Campground Rules and Regulations prior to coming onsite (read below or PDF at top)
- Follow regulations for parking vehicles (see ‘Campsite Parking’)
- Respect your neighbors (goes without saying)
- Respect Quiet Hours (see ‘Quiet Hours’)
- Don’t burn ground fires (see ‘Camp Fires’)
- Don’t modify the landscape in any way (see ‘Campsite NO’s’)
Basic Campsite Rules
- Each campsite must have one camper who is at least eighteen years old (no unattended children or youth).
- Campsites are limited to no more than eight (8) people and a MAXIMUM of two (2) vehicles per site. All vehicles beyond the two (2) per site will be towed at owner’s expense!
- Each vehicle in the campground areas must display and have visible, at all times, a specific 2021 Camping Parking Pass for the reserved site # location.
- Additional vehicles (beyond the two) must park at Wolf Hill General Parking. No extra vehicles will be parked in the campground areas!
- Marked fire lanes must be kept clear at all times. Violators will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Campers may only camp in their reserved site. Individuals found camping in an area or a site not reserved by them, will be asked to vacate the campsite immediately; an additional campsite charge may be imposed.
- Stay within your designated campsite space; please do not encroach on your neighbor.
- Absolutely no admittance to the trackside of the spectator fences; this is for your safety.
- NEW ~ No scaffolding or structures are to be erected within camping areas. This includes, and is not limited to, wooden ramps and land modified in any way. A fee of $200 will be administered to those found guilty modifying the land in ANY way and/or leaving makeshift ramps behind.
- No bicycle jumping on or over vehicles and other structures of any kind. No fire jumping.
- Destruction of other’s property will not be tolerated.
- No firearms, fireworks, or weapons of any kind are allowed at Laguna Seca Recreation Area.
- No golf carts or quads. Registered and licensed vehicles only.
- NEW ~ No electronic equipment, including radios & PA SYSTEMS, which emit a sound beyond the immediate campsite may be used. This will not be tolerated, and continuous violation, once warned, will result in removal from the grounds.
- No ground fires whatsoever.
- No open (on-the-ground) fires and no smudge pots.
- Fires are permitted in enclosed containers, such as charcoal grills or hibachis, and in any fire rings or grills that are in place at the campsite. Grand Prix “A”, Chaparral “B”, and Can-Am Circle “C” Campgrounds have provided fire rings within the campgrounds.
- Firewood bundles may be purchased on-site in the campground areas.
NEW ~ Campsite Parking
- The primary vehicle and a guest or support vehicle must be within their designated campsite, and well off the roadway.
- Vehicles must be parked appropriately, not blocking traffic or fire lanes.
- Please make sure the camping parking pass is clearly visible at all times and stays within the vehicle. All extra vehicles must park at Wolf Hill, free of charge. There is NO CAMPING at Wolf Hill!
- We issue TWO parking passes per campsite. Your RV counts as a vehicle and MUST display a parking pass at all times.
- If one of your two vehicles, does NOT fit within the campsite boundaries, then you must park your second vehicle in the Wolf Hill Parking Lot across from the Hospitality Pavilion. Two vehicles are allowed per campsite but not guaranteed. It is up to YOU to make sure you can fit within the space allotted before booking your stay.
- FEE: There will be a fee administered onsite for ALL vehicles parked within a campsite NOT displaying their parking passes. The card on file will be charged a violation fee in the amount of an additional night’s stay, per occurrence.
- FEE: There will be a fee administered onsite for all sites that are not within their campsite boundaries. This means, no cars parked outside your space, no RV’s hanging out into the fire lane, etc. The card on file will be charged a violation fee in the amount of an additional campsite with a 3-night minimum.
- We are NOT allowing “visiting” vehicles into the campground period, at any time.
- Sea Otter Classic is not responsible for any lost or stolen items at your campsite, in or at your vehicle or trailer, including a Camping Parking Pass.
- Keep your vehicles locked and valuables out of sight. Do not leave personal property out at night or unattended. Report suspicious activity.
NEW ~ Check-In/Out
- The registered camper must check in at “Camping Check-In” to receive their camping parking passes (two per campsite, only). The pass(es) must be displayed and visible at all times.
- Camping at Sea Otter Classic begins on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at noon and goes through Saturday night, April 17, 2021. All Sea Otter Classic campers must depart from their site by 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 18, 2021.
- NEW ~ Post Event Camping: If you wish to stay Sunday night after 4 PM, please move to campgrounds A, B or C. Sunday night camping is prohibited in ALL other campgrounds. A LSRA Operator representative will come around to collect money OR you can pay on your way out the following morning.
- Bringing a Dog to Sea Otter Classic is NOT recommended!
- Dogs are only allowed at SOC in campsites and in the campground area. A maximum of two (2) dogs allowed per campsite.
- Dogs are NOT allowed in any other areas of the venue – including all racing and event areas,
- Festival/Expo/Sea Otter Village.
- Dogs may not be left unattended or left outside a vehicle or tent.
- Each dog MUST be on leash at all times, no longer than six feet in length.
- Promptly pick up after your pet and dispose of waste properly.
- No pet may be a nuisance to others.
- Proof of current vaccinations is required.
NEW ~ Leave No Trace
Pack it in, Pack it out. This means, take everything you brought with you home, or place in the trash cans located within your campgrounds.
A cleaning fee will be charged to the card on file in the amount of $200 if any of the following are found at your campsite after your departure:
- Remnants of your “creative fire pit”
- Remnants of an illegal ground fire
- Wooden ramps
- Land altered in any way
All camping reservations must be paid at the time of reservation using a valid Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card. Cash or valid credit card are accepted for reservations made on-site at the event. All camp stay is specific to reservation and site number ONLY. Campers may only camp in their reserved site.
NEW ~ RV Rentals
If you choose to rent an RV from an outside company with delivery service, other than Family RV, please send an email here, listing the company name and contact information. If you fail to report this information and your RV is parked incorrectly, therefore, causing a move and/or refund of another campsite; a violation fee will be administered onsite and charged to the card on file in the amount of an additional campsite with a 3-night minimum. If your reservation was booked for 4 nights, then the fee will be in the amount of an additional campsite for 4-nights.
Rental RV’s may only get delivered starting on the day your reservation begins. We will not honor early access.
The California law requiring cyclists under age 18 to wear a helmet is enforced on all Laguna Seca roads. For a quick guide to California bicycle laws, refer to the California Bike Coalition’s Rules of the Road.
Mountain bikes are permitted on paved roads only, except during sanctioned races.
Water at Laguna Seca Recreation Area is non-potable. Do not drink the water at this Monterey County Park. Please bring your own water or filtration system.
Drones for recreational use are not allowed at the Laguna Seca Recreation Area or during the Sea Otter Classic. Professional drone media use may be approved when the required insurance and FAA paperwork has been submitted and approved by the Sea Otter Media Center Manager.
The Sea Otter Classic reserves the right to confiscate any unregistered drones found to be flying at any time during the event. For more information, go to the Media webpage for the event.
Quiet hours are to be observed by each person at every campsite from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. Please abide by the Quiet Hours and respect others. Quiet hours include loud talking, parties, generators, music, and dogs.
Family Camping Area (campground L) – Quiet hours are to be observed and honored from 9:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
Dumping gray water onto the ground is prohibited. There is a complimentary, self-serve, central disposal station at Laguna Seca available at the top of “A” Road, however, dump station hours are limited during the event. Please plan accordingly.
The consumption and/or possession of alcohol by a person under the age of 21 is strictly prohibited. No drugs are allowed. Personal use of beer and wine in single-serving containers is permitted if purchased from pre-approved vendors.
For misconduct, a zero-tolerance policy will be enforced, and you will be asked to leave the 2021 Sea Otter Classic AND Laguna Seca Recreation Area. This is a family-friendly event for all persons to enjoy and to be safe. Please follow all camping rules and regulations.
Effect of Cancellation or Rescheduling
In the event the Sea Otter Classic is rescheduled or does not take place, in whole or in part, due to any Act of God or force majeure, including, without limitation, weather, fire, flood, strike, labor dispute, civil commotion, riot or threat of violence or similar cause beyond the control of the parties, then campers shall not be entitled to a refund of any or all contributions contributed by campers up to the reschedule or cancellation date.
Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
For a life-threatening emergency—call 9-1-1
A complete line of rentals is available from Family RV at special 2021 Sea Otter Classic rates!
Family RV, located in Morgan Hill, California, takes pride in their hand selected RV rental inventory which are all upgraded with luxurious amenities. Family RV is a certified USA 5-Star Dealer in both product and customer service.
Family RV makes renting simple and easy, you can pick up your rental unit in Morgan Hill or have it delivered to your Sea Otter Classic campsite! For complete details go to www.familyrv.com, email [email protected], or contact them by phone (408) 612-4700.
Please reserve your Sea Otter Classic campsite first and then complete the process with Family RV.
- What can I rent from Family RV for my campsite? – Family RV rents motor homes (24 ft – 39 ft), travel trailers (14 ft – 39 ft), and Custom Bar Event Trailers
- Can they deliver & pick up the rental unit to campsite? – Yes, for a discounted fee of $400.00.
- Where is Family RV located? – Family RV is located at 19380 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
- Do I have to have a campsite reservation before reserving my rental? – Yes. so that we know your size restriction and if you need a motor home or trailer.
- Does my campsite have to have full hook ups in order to rent a motor home or trailer? – If your campsite does not have full hook ups you may need to rent a motor home instead of a trailer, unless you bring a generator, or you can rent one from us for $45.00 per day.
- Do I have to be at my campsite when they deliver or pick up my rental unit? – We would prefer that you are but if you cannot be there, we will give you the information on how to retrieve the keys to the rental unit.
- Do the rental units come with bedding, towels, or kitchen accessories? – They do not but you can rent a kitchen kit for $75.00 or bedding and towel kit for $55.00 per person and your rental unit will be stocked with them. Tables, Chairs, bikes, bike racks etc all available for rent.
- What are the rental rates? – Delivery & Pickup Packages starting at $1,000.00 and up. Self-pickup and drop-off rates starting at $95.00/night.
- How can I check to see if a particular unit or size is available? You can email us at [email protected].
* Mention that you saw us on the Sea Otter Classic website and get a 5% discount off of the daily rate *
Contact Family RV today for the best selection.
Family RV Inc
19380 Monterey Rd.
Morgan Hill, CA 95037