Dogs are only allowed at SOC in campsites.
They are not allowed in any other areas of the Festival, and bringing a dog is not recommended.
For campsite restrictions, please refer to separate page,
“Dogs—Campsite Rules and Regulations."
For all cancellations received on or before Sunday, March 9, 2014, there will be a $50 administrative cancellation fee per campsite. No refunds—medical or otherwise—will be issued after this date.
2014 Sea Otter Classic: April 10 - 13, 2014
with camping beginning on Wednesday, April 9th at 12 noon
- Campsites are limited to eight (8) people and two (2) vehicles per site. All vehicles in campground areas must display a Camping Pass.
- All camping reservations must be paid at the time of reservation using a valid Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card.
- Camping at Sea Otter Classic begins on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at noon through Saturday night, April 12, 2014. All SOC campers must depart from their site by 6 p.m. on Sunday, April 13, 2014.
- Primary vehicle in the campsite must display the owner’s Camping Pass at all times. Any guest/support vehicle will be charged $10 per day, per vehicle at Camping Check-In; the receipt/pass must be displayed at all times. Sea Otter Classic is not responsible for a lost or stolen pass/receipt and encourages you to lock your vehicle.
- Campsite parking: The primary vehicle and any guest/support vehicle must be within or near their designated campsite, and well off the roadway. Vehicles must be parked appropriately, not blocking traffic or fire lanes. (For info on parking while doing your camping check-in, see our general "Parking" page.)
- Marked fire lanes must be kept clear at all times. Violators will be towed at owner's expense.
- Quiet hours are to be observed from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. This includes loud talking, generators, music, and dogs. Please be respectful of fellow campers. If you brought a dog, please keep your dog from barking; refer to separate page, “Dogs in Campsites—Rules and Regulations.”
- Stay within your designated campsite space; please do not encroach on your neighbor.
- Dumping gray water onto the ground is prohibited. There is a central disposal station at Laguna Seca (see applicable campground maps). However, dump station hours are limited, and the station may not be accessible on the weekend of the Sea Otter Classic. Please plan accordingly.
- No scaffolding or structuresare to be erected within camping areas.
- No open (on-the-ground) fires. Fires are permitted in enclosed containers, such as charcoal grills or hibachis, and in any fire rings or grills that are in place at the campsite. Firewood bundles may be purchased from the ranger in the evenings.
- No firearms, fireworks, or weapons of any kind are allowed at Laguna Seca Recreation Area.
- No golf carts or quads. Registered and licensed vehicles only.
- Mountain bikes are permitted on paved roads only, except during sanctioned races.
- The California law requiring cyclists under age 18 to wear a helmet is enforced on all Laguna Seca roads. For a quick guide to California bicycle laws, refer to the California Bike Coalition’s Rules of the Road.
- Absolutely no admittance to the trackside of the spectator fences; this is for your safety.
- Campsite occupation – Wednesday through Saturday: Camping at Sea Otter Classic begins on Wednesday, April 9 at noon and goes through Saturday night, April 12, 2014, with check-out on Sunday, April 13 by 6 p.m.
- Campsite occupation – Sunday: If you wish to camp Sunday night, April 13, 2014, contact a park ranger when you arrive at Laguna Seca. The rangers will be collecting camping fees for Sunday night on Monday morning, at the county park entry station on "A" Road, as campers depart. For camping reservations prior to and after April 9 - 12, call the Monterey County Parks Department at (888) 588-2267.
- Camping reservations: For detailed camping reservations information, please refer to the “Online Reservations” page in the “Where to Stay”—“Camping” section of our website.
- Have a great time, and we welcome you to the 2014 Sea Otter Classic and camping with us!