Saturday, April 12, 2014
Download the 2014 Mountain Bike Gran Fondo Guide here.
The 2014 Sea Otter Classic MTB Gran Fondo route is 24 miles.
Route Start Times
The MTB Gran Fondo starts at the Sea Otter Classic bridge and finishes in the Raceway Paddock near the tire bridge.
- Mountain Bike Route starts at 7:40 a.m.
- Mountain Bike Route: $75 (add $20 effective March 24, 2014).
- Tandem: $150/team (add $20 effective March 24, 2014).
- Sorry, absolutely no refunds. No exceptions.
Please pick up your packet on-site at the Gran Fondo registration table in the Athlete Registration building on any of these days:
- Wednesday, April 9, 2014 - 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, April 11, 2014 - 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, April 12, 2014 – 6 a.m. to 7 a.m.
In your packet, you’ll find:
- A Four-Day Festival Pass
- Bib number
- Helmet sticker
- Timing chip (not for competition, but simply for the fun of timing your ride from start to finish)
- Tickets for bike-and-bag valet service, shower access, lunch, and one adult beverage at Sierra Nevada Beer & BBQ Garden
All Gran Fondo participants receive a Sea Otter Classic Four-Day Festival Pass, providing access to the world’s largest consumer bike exposition. (One-Day or Four-Day Passes may be purchased for family, friends, or others who want to visit the Expo and other Festival areas.)
All MTB Gran Fondo participants are provided with the following:
- Lunch on Saturday at the route finish
- Commemorative Finisher’s Medal
- Fully supported rest stop and refueling stations
- SAG support, including mobile tech
- Post-ride shower trailer
- Post-ride massage
Registration: All Sea Otter Events
- Online registrations only through April 6, 2014, 11:59 p.m.
- On-site registration begins at noon on April 9, 2014, 12:00 p.m.
- No phoned, faxed, or mailed race registrations will be accepted.
- Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Prior to April 6, 2014, requests for event changes, and for category changes within an event, will be complimentary and can be done by emailing email@example.com. You will be responsible for any increase in entry fee. There will be no refunds for reduced entry fees.
- Beginning April 7, 2014, requests for event changes, and for category changes within an event, will only be accepted on-site at registration. (Registration opens at 12:00 p.m. on April 9.) A $10 fee will be charged for each event change, and you will also be responsible for any increase in entry fee. There will be no refunds for reduced entry fees.
Parking at the Sea Otter Classic is always free, whether you arrive by bike or by motor vehicle. Follow the directions to Laguna Seca Recreation Area, where our friendly parking staff will guide you to the appropriate parking location.
Please check out the "Parking" page of our website for detailed information.