Online registration closes at midnight (PST) Sunday, April 6, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
This event is only open to Professional Men and Women Category racers only. A few changes to the venue course in 2014 - test your speed skills against your peers in this anaerobic hammer fest. The SRAM Short Track course is fast and challenging. Races will be 20 minutes plus 3 laps. Officials will pull all riders with the threat of being lapped. The course will begin at the Sea Otter Bridge and circumnavigate around the Sierra Nevada Beer Garden - and return to track via Turn 5. This course will be very similiar to the cyclocross course - just a bit shorter. PRO women's race starts at 10:30 a.m and PRO men's race starts at 11:15 a.m.
- Short Track registration is included with PRO cross country registration fees - this is a PRO ONLY EVENT.
- Sorry, absolutely no refunds. No exceptions.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICK-UP HOURS
- Wednesday, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No race-day registration—no exceptions.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- No race-day registration. You must register no later than the day prior to your race day, by 6 p.m.
- USA Cycling sanctioned.
- All riders must have a current license issued by Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).
All SOC Races
- Competitor racing age is determined by the age of the rider on December 31, 2014. Please take care to register for the correct age group, or you will be moved to the correct age group prior to race day.
- Online registrations only through April 6, 2014, 11:59 p.m.
- On-site registration begins at 12:00 p.m. on April 9, 2014.
- No phoned, faxed, or mailed race registrations will be accepted.
- Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Prior to April 6, 2014, requests for event changes, and for category changes within an event, will be complimentary and can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be responsible for any increase in entry fee. There will be no refunds for reduced entry fees.
- Beginning April 7, 2014, requests for event changes, and for category changes within an event, will only be accepted on-site at registration. (Registration opens at 12:00 p.m. on April 9.) A $10 fee will be charged for each event change, and you will also be responsible for any increase in entry fee. There will be no refunds for reduced entry fees.
- Women's race at 10:30 a.m. Race duration is +/- 20 minutes PLUS three laps.
- Men's race at 11:15 a.m. Race duration is +/- 20 minutes PLUS three laps.
All SOC Races
- ANSI or Snell-approved helmets required for all events.
- All regulations from the USA Cycling Rule Book apply.
- All participants must sign a waiver/release form at registration. A parent or guardian who is present on-site must sign for participants under 18 years old.
- Race numbers may not be cut, folded, altered, or defaced in any way. If they are, the athlete will be disqualified and fined.
- Please verify start times and other critical event issues when checking in at registration.
- All information is subject to change. Please check this website frequently.
- All preliminary race results will be posted on or near the Main Awards Stage.
- All podium winners (top three in each racing category) will receive a commemorative Sea Otter medal.
- Awards presentations will be held on the Main Awards Stage for each category of race as that category finishes, and after the top three awards results are made final.
- Download the awards schedule here.
All SOC Races
- Preliminary results and protests. Preliminary results will be posted within fifteen minutes of competition completion. Any protests must be filed with a designated protest official within fifteen minutes of preliminary-results posting. All signed official results are final. No race protests will be accepted after race day - ALL results are final as posted by midnight of your race day.
- Complete FINAL race results will be posted online at www.seaotterclassic.com by midnight day of race. NO PROTEST/CHANGES/EDITS to race results will occur after the designated protest period - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- For Protest Rules and Regulations- Click Here
- Athletes must be in attendance at the Awards Ceremony to receive their prizes. Awards will not be mailed; no exceptions.
Sorry, dogs are not allowed in the Festival, including the racing areas. This policy will be strictly enforced.
The Sea Otter Classic and Monterey County Parks—The Standard of Private-Public Partnerships
The Monterey County Parks Department welcomes you to the Sea Otter Classic and beautiful Monterey County. Laguna Seca Recreation Area is proud to host the Sea Otter Classic each spring and boasts additional outstanding recreational opportunities year-round.
Situated on the hillsides, Laguna Seca Recreation Area provides superb views of the Salinas Valley and proximity to Monterey. RV and tent camping are available year-round. Please visit www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks
We hope you enjoy your visit!