Online registration closes at midnight (PST) Sunday, April 6, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
Enduro racing is what we all do every day – trail riding – with a bit of competition mixed in. The basic premise of enduro is that the timed segments capitalize on what is unique to each venue – the Fort Ord National Monument offers unique enduro terrain. Consider this event your introduction to enduro, if you are new to the discipline, or if you are a seasoned competitor enjoy the flowing single track descents. Either way there are three (3) timed segments, or stages, in the first Sea Otter enduro.
2014 ENDURO CATEGORIES
|Open Men 18 and under
|Open Men 19-29
|Open Men 30-39
|Open Men 40-49
|Open Men 50+
- More information coming soon.
ENDURO EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- All riders must wear a helmet during the competition. Bikes must have at least one working brake. All other USA Cycling Rules of Racing apply.
- Professional entry fee: $70 (add $20 effective March 24, 2014) (professional cross country entry fee includes short track race).
- All other categories entry fee: $55 (add $20 effective March 24, 2014).
- Sorry, absolutely no refunds. No exceptions.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICK-UP HOURS
- Wednesday, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, packet pick-up only at 7 a.m.
- No race-day registration—no exceptions.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- In the case of small fields, the categories/classes may be combined.
- No race-day registration. You must register no later than the day prior to your race day, by 6 p.m.
- This race is USA Cycling sanctioned. All USA Cycling Rules of Racing and licensing requirements apply.
- Professional racers must have a current International license issued by Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).
All SOC Races
- Competitor racing age is determined by the age of the rider on December 31, 2014. Please take care to register for the correct age group, or you will be moved to the correct age group prior to race day.
- Online registrations only through April 6, 2014, 11:59 p.m.
- On-site registration begins at 10 a.m. on April 9, 2014, 12:00 p.m.
- No phoned, faxed, or mailed race registrations will be accepted.
- Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Prior to April 9, 2014, requests for event changes, and for category changes within an event, will be complimentary and can be done by emailing email@example.com. You will be responsible for any increase in entry fee. There will be no refunds for reduced entry fees.
- After April 9, 2014, requests for event changes, and for category changes within an event, will only be accepted on-site at registration. (Registration opens at 12:00 p.m. on April 9.) A $10 fee will be charged for each event change, and you will also be responsible for any increase in entry fee. There will be no refunds for reduced entry fees.
All SOC Races
- ANSI- or Snell-approved helmets required for all events.
- All regulations from the USA Cycling Rule Book apply.
- All participants must sign a waiver/release form at registration. A parent or guardian who is present on-site must sign for participants under 18 years old.
- Race numbers may not be cut, folded, altered, or defaced in any way. If they are, the athlete will be disqualified and fined.
- Please verify start times and other critical event issues when checking in at registration.
- All information is subject to change. Please check this website frequently.
- Click here for Age Group, Start Times, and Distances.
- Awards Party will be hosted by Lapierre (located in the EXPO area) on Friday evening at 7 p.m. Awards will go three deep in each category plus Professional Men and PRO Women will be awarded cash three deep.
All SOC Races
- Preliminary results and protests. Preliminary results will be posted within fifteen minutes of competition completion. Any protests must be filed with a designated protest official within fifteen minutes of preliminary-results posting. All signed official results are final. No race protests will be accepted after race day - ALL results are final as posted by midnight of your race day.
- Complete FINAL race results will be posted online at www.seaotterclassic.com by midnight day of race. NO PROTEST/CHANGES/EDITS to race results will occur after the designated protest period - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- For Protest Rules and Regulations- Click Here
- Athletes must be in attendance at the Awards Ceremony to receive their prizes. Awards will not be mailed; no exceptions.
Sorry, dogs are not allowed in the Festival, including the racing areas. This policy will be strictly enforced.
Sea Otter Classic and the Bureau of Land Management—A Model Partnership
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) welcomes you to the Fort Ord National Monument and the Monterey Peninsula. When training for competitive events, please share the trail and yield to other users.
As the premier conservation agency in the United States, the BLM sustains the health, diversity, and productivity of public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations. The BLM asks that you tread lightly on the land when you train for and compete in the Sea Otter Classic.
To preserve these trails at Fort Ord for future riders, please:
- ride only on marked trails;
- do not ride or brake on open terrain;
- do not cut across switchbacks; and
- do not use trails when they are wet or muddy.
To learn more about these spectacular lands, contact the BLM at (831) 394-8314 or visit www.blm.us.gov.
We hope you enjoy your visit!