Please note: the location of Exhibitor Check In, as well as additional steps, have changed from
previous years. Even if you have participated in the expo in previous years, please read this manual
for specific instructions on check in and set up. Please share this information with the individual(s)
responsible for setting up your booth at Sea Otter.
Move In – Exhibitors
Exhibitors and Teams are welcome to check in and set up during the following times:
|Monday, April 16||12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
EXHIBITORS & TEAMS
|Tuesday, April 17||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, April 18||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, April 19||6:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.|
Move Out – Exhibitors
Exhibitors and Teams may tear down during the following times:
|Sunday, April 22||4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Monday, April 23||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
Important information regarding Move In & Out:
- Exhibitors and Team Support can make arrangements for earlier move in by contacting Skip Latham via email or by phone at 831-751-6806.
- Security will be on-site from 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 – 7:00 a.m. Monday, April 23, 2018. Sea Otter Classic is not responsible for any lost or stolen items and does not recommend leaving any merchandise in an unattended booth.
- During the event, vehicle load/unload hours and other vehicle restrictions will be enforced, including a 20-foot fire lane requirement throughout the venue.
- Loading or unloading of vehicles inside the Expo must be outside of Expo hours Thursday-Sunday.
- To accommodate exhibitors who need to bring booth goods in after the Expo has closed to traffic, Sea Otter Classic personnel can help by transporting inventory to the booths using golf carts. There will be a designated drop-off area for this purpose. For assistance with after-hours booth deliveries please contact Skip at 831-751-6806.
What to do when you arrive:
- Follow the signs to Exhibitor Check In – now located next to the Gran Fondo Services area in the paddock. To view this area on the map, click here.
- When you arrive at Exhibitor Check In, park your vehicle and proceed into the tent to receive your parking passes
and wristbands. This is a great time to ask questions and confirm your booth location. Please note: wristbands are used during the event and must be shown/worn to enter the marketplace.
- Once you have checked in, proceed to your expo booth which will be marked with chalk. If you are unsure about your exact location, please ask one of our designated expo workers.
- When you arrive at your booth, please unload your supplies and move your vehicle to the Turn 5 parking lot (BLUE 3 Park signage). This only applies to exhibitors that are setting up on Wednesday, April 18th. Monday and Tuesday are not busy enough to warrant moving vehicles out of the expo and into Turn 5 parking.
Please be advised there is no area or staff to receive and store shipments of any kind at Laguna Seca Recreation Area before the event begins. The Sea Otter Classic is working with a local company, TriCord Tradeshow Services, to handle your shipping needs.
All inbound freight will be shipped to TriCord who will store your freight and deliver it to your booth. For all inbound shipments please complete the proper labels on the forms which can be found in the link below, clearly label each shipment with “Sea Otter Classic” and list the category of items enclosed.
TriCord On-Site Office Hours for Exhibitors and Sponsors:
|Tuesday, April 17||By appointment only|
|Wednesday, April 18||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, April 19||8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, April 22||12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
Starting at noon on Sunday, April 22, TriCord Tradeshow Services will be on hand to help sponsors, teams, and exhibitors with outbound freight. If you did not use TriCord’s inbound material handling services but plan on using their outbound material handling services, you will need to complete the necessary forms and return them to the TriCord trailer by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 19, 2018. Late orders are subject to a 25% late fee. Outbound shipping forms can be found here (TBD).
You can find the TriCord shipping forms and information for shipping your product here (TBD).
For all shipping questions you may contact TriCord Management at 831-883-8600 or visit www.tricord.net
Exhibitors are entitled to two parking passes and four event wristbands per 10×10 space purchased. Parking passes and event wristbands will be issued when you check in, unless other arrangements have been made. The event does not give out Exhibitor Credentials. The color-specific wristband acts as the credential for the event. If any support staff will arrive late, they may pick up their wristbands from the Will Call area. Please provide names of any anticipated late arrivals to Skip Latham.
Team Support participants are entitled to two parking passes and six event wristbands per 20×20 space. Parking passes and event wristbands will be issued when you check in unless other arrangements have been made. If any support staff will arrive late, they may pick up their wristbands from the Will Call area. Please provide names of any anticipated late arrivals to Skip Latham.
- Parking at Laguna Seca is at a premium, and we strongly encourage exhibitors to rideshare and carpool where possible. There are a limited number of parking spaces in the Exhibitor/Sponsor parking on Turn Five, and those spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If you typically use your vehicle to store product during the show, please contact Skip regarding utilizing our convenient onsite storage containers.
- Reminder: If you need to drop off product at your booth during show hours, you are welcome to take your vehicle down to the Exhibitor Services container where our operations team will be happy to deliver your product to your booth. For assistance with after-hours booth deliveries please email Skip or call 831-751-6806.
- If you need to park in Wolf Hill parking, please be aware that there are golf cart shuttles available to shuttle exhibitors from parking to the expo.
- Long Term Vehicle/Trailer Parking for the event will be in a special marked section of the General Public Parking Lot referred to as Wolf Hill. Do not park any Trailers/Trucks in the Turn 5 (Blue 3 Park Signage) Dirt Lot that you will be leaving overnight or for the duration of the Event.
Parking passes and event wristbands will be issued when you check in unless other arrangements have been made. The event does not give out Exhibitor Credentials. The color-specific wristband acts as the credential for the event. If any support staff will arrive late, they may pick up their wristbands from the Will Call area. Please provide names of any anticipated late arrivals to Sarah.
Sea Otter is happy to provide exhibitors with all-weather containers as a convenient storage solution during the show. All-weather containers measure 8 feet in width, 8 feet in height, and 16 feet in depth and will be placed in a convenient location in the expo. Depending on booth location, some containers may fit in or behind the booth. Access to the containers is available before, during, and after the expo closes. Exhibitors must bring their own lock.
Containers can be rented for $350 total.
You may rent containers as part of the exhibitor registration process. To register, click here or if you have already registered, simply log back into your Sea Otter Exhibitor Account and place your order. Having problems accessing your account? Contact Sarah Timleck or call 250-516-7150.
Sea Otter has tent/canopy rentals for exhibitors and teams looking for tenting options. Canopies are outdoor type only, with 3 sides and a top, and can be rented for $600.00 per 10’ x 10’ space. You may view and order tent rentals as part of the exhibitor registration process. To register, click here. Already registered? Contact Sarah Timleck or call 250-516-7150.
Tables and Chairs
Exhibitors may rent tables and chairs for their booths as part of the registration process. Exhibitors will need to provide their own table covers.
The following tables and chairs are available for rent when you register for the event:
- 8 Ft Table (8 Ft long by 30 inches wide by 30 inches high) $40/per (limit 10 per order)
- 6 Ft Table (6 Ft long by 30 inches wide by 30 inches high) $35/per (limit 10 per order)
- 4 Ft Round Table $35/per (limit 10 per order)
- Folding Chairs $20/per (limit 20 per order)
Sea Otter exhibit spaces do not come with electricity. You may purchase power (15 amp) as part of the exhibitor registration process. Please note:
- Exhibitors are responsible for bringing their own extension cords. We recommend bringing NO LESS than 100 ft of extension cord.
If you are purchasing multiple adjacent booths, only one connection needs to be purchased, not one for each booth.
Some of the booths in the 400 area will NOT have power. Please make sure you order electricity to an area that will be serviced. Booths without electricity are clearly marked on the Sea Otter map.
- NEW FOR 2018: All exhibitors who purchase power will receive a colored band from Sea Otter staff for their extension cord. Exhibitors who have purchased power must use the colored band on their extension cord. Any cords found plugged into power without bands will be removed.
Non-potable water stations are available throughout the Expo – please view the expo map to see non-potable water locations.
The truck wash is located down “B” road next to the gun range, a short distance from the Expo area. Look for directional signs. Please use the truck wash to clean your vehicle and do not inconvenience your neighbor by washing in your Expo spot.
Treat your team or valued clients to a One-Day or Four-Day Sea Otter Club Pass for the 2018 Sea Otter Classic.
Each Club Pass includes:
- A relaxing, luxurious environment to conduct bike industry business, set comfortably apart from the bustling Expo.
- Complimentary continental breakfast including gourmet coffee, fresh fruit, hot rolls, and more.
- Complimentary expanded buffet lunch featuring a different menu every day.
- Complimentary beer and wine served with lunch and throughout the day.
- Cost per Pass – $175/One-Day or $650/Four-Day.
You can view and purchase your Sea Otter Club passes as part of the registration process. To register, click here. Already registered? You can purchase your passes online – just click here. Still need help? Contact Sarah Timleck or call 250-516-7150.
The California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) strictly enforces the laws regarding alcohol consumption at special events, such as the Sea Otter Classic. The ABC uses a number of methods to prevent the problems associated with the unlawful purchase and consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors. These include the Minor Decoy Program, the Shoulder Tap Program, and Operation Trapdoor.
In accordance with our Monterey County Special Event Use Permit and insurance policy, only beer and wine are to be served at the Sea Otter Classic. For the safety and enjoyment of all who attend Sea Otter, the following rules must be observed:
- Beer and wine only. No other alcoholic beverages are permitted.
Beer and wine may only be served to—or possessed, consumed, or purchased by—individuals age twenty-one and up. A valid ID is required.
Beer and wine may only be sold by pre-approved vendors.
Personal use of beer and wine in single-serving containers is permitted. This does not include allowing the use by way of sampling or the distribution of single-serving containers at promotional events or private parties/organized gatherings. For these occasions, please refer to the programs below.
Beer kegs are not allowed, since they are not designed for personal use.
For your convenience, we have developed two programs to facilitate ease of compliance with these Alcohol Policy rules:
Beer and Wine Tickets: As a sponsor, team, or exhibitor, drink tickets can be purchased in advance for your group to use throughout the four-day event. The tickets can be redeemed for beer or wine at Sea Otter-approved pouring stations. The tickets will be sold in packets of fifty and may be purchased from Zeph Despard, Sea Otter Food & Beverage Coordinator, by email or at 831-229-3238.
Promotional Events and Private Parties: Beer and wine tickets will also be required for promotional events and private parties/organized gatherings. The Sea Otter Food & Beverage Coordinator will manage the distribution of alcoholic drinks at these gatherings. This will include the hiring of a designated server at your expense.
For questions and pricing contact Zeph Despard, Sea Otter Food & Beverage Coordinator, by email or at 831-229-3238.
The Sea Otter Classic has an approved list of vendors that would be delighted to assist you with your catering and expo service needs. After arranging for any of the approved vendors to help you at Laguna Seca during the event, please advise Skip Latham or cal 831-751-6806 so that arrangements can be made to allow the vendors into the exhibit area.
Approved List of Sea Otter Catering and Expo Vendors:
EVENT SUPPLIES / BANNERS
DECORATION AND DESIGN SERVICES
TENTING / CHAIRS / TABLES / LINENS / GLASSES / PARTY RENTAL
CAR RENTAL/LIMOUSINE SERVICES
ON SITE STORAGE CONTAINERS
Wi-Fi service for the general public is not available at Laguna Seca, so if your display set-up requires internet service we recommend you plan accordingly. Wi-Fi services will be provided by Livewire Information Systems.
To view pricing and to order Wi-Fi from Livewire, please access the Livewire order form by clicking here.
Please note: All Network Order Forms are due 3 weeks prior to the date when connection is needed and qualify for Advanced Pricing. Orders received after the 3-week mark will be subject to Base Pricing. See form in the link above for pricing details. A 25% late fee will be added to all orders received any later than 1 week prior to connection date.
For questions, or to return completed forms please contact: Livewire Information Systems: IT Building Phone
(831) 643-9473 Email email@example.com Fax (831) 641-9473.