Camping at Sea Otter allows you to fully participate in all that Sea Otter has to offer, especially the camaraderie with other athletes and attendees. Wake up in the morning and you are already here – no need to sit in traffic or rush to make it to your event. Campers are closer to the action and more connected to all that is going on at Sea Otter.
To reserve a campsite at the 2017 Sea Otter Classic:
The 2017 Sea Otter Classic takes place April 20 – 23, 2017 in Monterey, California, USA
Camping opens at 12 noon on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 – through Saturday night, April 22, 2017
NOTE: Early Bird Camping Reservations of Campgrounds “A”, “B” and “C” only (B and C offer electric and water hook-ups) took place June 6 – June 12, 2016. All camping sites in “A”, “B”, and “C” sold out at that time. A Wait List has begun– if you would like to be added, please email email@example.com with your specific request and contact details, incl. telephone number.
- Review all available campsites on the Campground Map page.
- Identify two or three campsites that will meet your needs. Due to a high demand for camping, your first or second choice may not be available when you try to reserve it.
- Review all rules and regulations for the campgrounds.
- Go to the “Reserve Your Campsite” page and reserve your camping spot. You may secure a camp site at any campground, online, at that time. There is a three (3) night minimum per site. Tent and trailer / RV camping are available. With the exception of Chaparral “B” and Can-Am Circle “C” ALL camping at Sea Otter Classic is ‘dry camping’ with no hook-ups. The 2017 Sea Otter Classic website will go ‘live’ beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 1, 2016 for reserving an event camp site, athlete registration, merchandise, etc.
- Have a valid credit card with information at hand when you make your online reservation: your credit card type, number, expiration date, security code, name on credit card, and billing address. You will be charged in full at the time of your reservation. On your credit card statement, these charge(s) will show as billed by “Sea Otter Classic, Inc.” Cash or valid credit card are accepted forms of payment, on-site at event.
- Please note the Sea Otter Classic Camping Cancellation Policy: For all cancellations received on or before Sunday, March 19, 2017: when the refund is issued, a $50 administrative cancellation fee per campsite will be deducted. After March 19, 2017, no refunds will be issued for a campsite cancellation for any reason – medical or otherwise.** Please request any changes or cancellation of your existing camping reservation order in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org ** A camping cancellation must be requested in writing, not via telephone, please.
- For further information, or if you have questions, please refer to the Camping FAQs, or contact Julie at email@example.com. Thank you.
For all cancellations received on or before Sunday, March 19, 2017, there will be a $50 administrative cancellation fee per campsite.
No refunds—medical or otherwise—will be issued after this date.
** Please request any changes or cancellation of your existing camping reservation order in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org ** Thank you.
* Bringing a Dog to Sea Otter Classic is NOT recommended *
Dogs are only allowed at SOC in campsites and in the campground area!
Dogs are NOT allowed in any other areas of the venue– including all racing and the Festival/Expo/Sea Otter Village area. Each dog MUST be on leash at all times.
For campsite restrictions, please refer to: “Dogs—Campsite Rules and Regulations.”
CAMPING RULES & REGULATIONS: 2017 Subaru Sea Otter Classic: April 20 – 23, 2017
with camping beginning on Wednesday, April 19th at 12 noon
- IMPORTANT: Campsites are limited to no more than eight (8) people and a MAXIMUM of two (2) vehicles per site. All vehicles beyond the two per site will be towed!! Each vehicle in the campground areas must display and have visible at all times a specific 2017 Camping Parking Pass for the reserved location. Additional vehicles (beyond the two) must park at Wolf Hill General Parking (no camping here) for free, or at the designated Overflow Camping Parking location at the venue, for an added daily fee. No extra vehicles may be parked in the campground areas! Sea Otter Classic is not responsible for any lost or stolen items in or at your vehicle or trailer, including a Camping Parking Pass. We encourage you to lock up!
- All camping reservations must be paid at the time of reservation using a valid Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card. On-site at the event, cash or valid credit card are accepted for payment.
- Camping at Sea Otter Classic begins on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at noon. All Sea Otter Classic campers must depart from their site by 6:00 pm on Sunday, April 23, 2017. Note: If you wish to camp Sunday night, April 23, 2017, contact Sea Otter Classic camping services at email@example.com or (800) 218-8411 ext. 3 to make arrangements in advance.
- Campsite parking: Two vehicles per site maximum. The primary vehicle and one guest/support vehicle must be within the designated campsite, as well as off the roadway. Vehicles must be parked appropriately, not blocking traffic or any fire lanes. (For info on parking while doing your camping check-in, see our general “Parking” page.).
- Marked fire lanes must be kept clear at all times. Violators will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Quiet hours are to be observed by each person at every camp site from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am. THESE QUIET HOURS WILL BE ENFORCED. The ‘quiet hours’ prohibit noise from loud talking, parties, generators, music, and dogs. “Family Camping”/Quiet Area- Quiet hours are to be observed and honored from 9:00 pm to 7:00 am. Please be courteous and polite to fellow campers. If you brought a dog, please keep your dog from barking; refer to * Bringing a Dog to Sea Otter Classic is NOT recommended * above.
- Stay within your designated campsite space; please do not encroach on your neighbor.
- Dumping gray water onto the ground is prohibited. There is a central disposal station at Laguna Seca (see applicable campground maps). However, dump station hours are limited, and the station may not be accessible on the weekend of the Sea Otter Classic. Please plan accordingly.
- The consumption and/or possession of alcohol by a person under the age of 21 is strictly prohibited. No drugs. A no tolerance policy will be enforced and anyone found in violation of this policy will be asked to leave the 2017 Sea Otter Classic AND Laguna Seca Recreation Area. This is a family-friendly event for all persons to enjoy and to be safe. Please follow all rules and regulations.
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
- No scaffolding or structures are to be erected within camping areas.
- No open (on-the-ground) fires. Fires are permitted in enclosed containers, such as charcoal grills or hibachis, and in any fire rings or grills that are in place at the campsite. For SOC Camping– only campgrounds Grand Prix “A”, Chaparral “B”, and Can-Am Circle “C” have provided fire rings within the campgrounds. Firewood bundles may be purchased on-site in the campground areas.
- No firearms, fireworks, or weapons of any kind are allowed at Laguna Seca Recreation Area.
- No golf carts or quads. Registered and licensed vehicles only. Camping Services for SOC is excluded in cart use.
- Mountain bikes are permitted on paved roads only, except during sanctioned races.
- The California law requiring cyclists under age 18 to wear a helmet is enforced on all Laguna Seca roads. For a quick guide to California bicycle laws, refer to the California Bike Coalition’s Rules of the Road.
- Absolutely no admittance to the trackside of the spectator fences; this is for your safety.
- Camping reservations: For detailed camping reservations information, please refer to the “Online Reservations” page in the “Where to Stay”—“Camping” section of our website. For any changes or cancellations to an existing camping reservation order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; camping reservation order changes must be in writing and not via telephone, please. For all camping or event information, refer to our website at seaotterclassic.com/camping/. Hotline: (800) 218-8411 ext. 3 for camping services
A complete line of rentals are available from Family RV at special 2017 Sea Otter Classic rates!
Family RV, located in Morgan Hill, California, is noted for their excellent customer service and quality rental units. They rent motor homes, trailers, and 5th wheels along with bedding and kitchen kits to meet all of your camping needs. Their rental units are up-to-date models with a wide variety of sizes and floor plans.
Family RV makes renting simple and easy, you can pick up your rental unit in Morgan Hill or have it delivered to your Sea Otter Classic campsite! For complete details go to www.familyrv.com, email email@example.com, or contact them by phone (408) 612-4700.
Please reserve your Sea Otter Classic campsite first and then complete the process with Family RV.
- What can I rent from Family RV for my campsite? – Family RV rents motor homes (24 ft – 39 ft), travel trailers (14 ft – 39 ft), and fifth wheels ( 33 ft – 38 ft)
- Can they deliver & pick up the rental unit to campsite? – Yes, for a discounted fee of $400.00.
- Where is Family RV located? – Family RV is located at 19380 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
- Do I have to have a campsite reservation before reserving my rental? – Yes. so that we know your size restriction and if you need a motor home or trailer.
- Does my campsite have to have full hook ups in order to rent a motor home or trailer? – If your campsite does not have full hook ups you may need to rent a motor home instead of a trailer unless you bring along a generator or you can rent one from us for $45.00 per day.
- Do I have to be at my campsite when they deliver or pick up my rental unit? – We would prefer that you are but if you cannot be there we will give you the information on how to retrieve the keys to the rental unit.
- Do the rental units come with bedding, towels, or kitchen accessories? – They do not but you can rent a kitchen kit for $75.00 or bedding and towel kit for $55.00 per person and your rental unit will be stocked with them.
- What are the rental rates? Get a rental quote on our website.
- How can I check to see if a particular unit or size is available? You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Mention that you saw us on the Sea Otter Classic website and get a 5% discount off of the daily rate *
Family RV caters to Sea Otter Classic campers! They offer motor home and travel trailer rentals and delivery and pick up of your rental right to your Sea Otter Classic campsite, or you can pick it up yourself in Morgan Hill, California — your choice. Contact Family RV today for the best selection.
Family RV Inc
19380 Monterey Rd.
Morgan Hill, CA 95037