Camping at Sea Otter allows you to fully participate in all that Sea Otter has to offer, especially the camaraderie with other athletes and attendees. Wake up in the morning and you are already here – no need to sit in traffic or rush to make it to your event. Campers are closer to the action and more connected to all that is going on at Sea Otter.
To reserve a campsite at the 2018 Sea Otter Classic:
The 2018 Sea Otter Classic takes place April 19 – 22, 2018 in Monterey, California, USA
Camping begins at 12 noon on Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Early Bird Camping Reservations Is Open June 5 – June 11, 2017. ONE WEEK ONLY –
Campgrounds “A”, “B” and “C” only (B and C offer electricity & water hook-ups)
- Review all available campsites on the Campground Map
- Identify two or three campsites that will meet your needs. Due to a high demand for camping, your first or second choice may not be available when you try to reserve it.
- Review all rules and regulations for the campgrounds in Camping Guidelines section below.
- Go to the “Online Reservations” (opens 9am June 5th, 2017) page and reserve your camping spot. You may secure a camp site at any campground, online, at that time. There is a three (3) night minimum per site. Tent and trailer / RV camping are available. With the exception of Chaparral “B” and Can-Am Circle “C” ALL camping at Sea Otter Classic is ‘dry camping’ with no hook-ups. Note: “Early Bird Camping Reservations” for campgrounds “A” Grand Prix, “B” Chaparral, and “C” Can-Am Circle ONLY opens on Monday, June 5, 2017 at 9:00 am PDT for one week only for the 2018 Sea Otter Classic; these are ‘true’ campgrounds with “B” & “C” having electricity and water hook-ups. The full 2018 Sea Otter Classic website will go ‘live’ beginning at 9:00 a.m. in early November 2017 for reservations of all 12 event campgrounds, athlete registration, etc. www.seaotterclassic.com
- Have a valid credit card with information at hand when you make your online reservation: your credit card type, number, expiration date, security code, name on credit card, and billing address. Cash or valid credit card are accepted forms of payment, on-site at event.
- Please note cancellation policy: For all cancellations received on or before Sunday, March 18, 2018: when the refund is issued, a $50 administrative cancellation fee per campsite will be deducted. After March 18, 2018, no refunds will be issued for a campsite cancellation for any reason – medical or otherwise.** Please request any changes or cancellation of your existing camping reservation order in writing via email to: email@example.com ** A camping cancellation must be requested in writing, not via telephone, please.
- For further information, or if you have questions, please refer to the Camping Guidelines below, or contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julie Burbank, Camping Services Coordinator
SOC Hotline: (800) 218-8411 ext. 3 (camping services)
CAMPING CHECK IN HOURS:
Wed 18 April 12 noon – 7 pm
Thu 19 April 7 am – 7 pm
Fri 20 April 7 am – 7 pm
Sat 21 April 6 am – 7 pm
Sun 22 April 6 am – 11 am
For all cancellations received on or before Sunday, March 18, 2018, there will be a $50 administrative cancellation fee per campsite.
No refunds—medical or otherwise—will be issued after this date.
** Please request any changes or cancellation of your existing camping reservation order in writing via email to: email@example.com ** Thank you.
* Bringing a Dog to Sea Otter Classic is NOT recommended *
Dogs are only allowed at SOC in campsites and in campground area!
Dogs are NOT allowed in any other areas of the venue– including all racing and event areas, Festival/Expo/Sea Otter Village
Dogs may not be left unattended or left outside a vehicle or tent. Each dog MUST be on leash at all times; the leash may be no longer than six feet in length. Proof of vaccinations is required.
CAMPING RULES & REGULATIONS: 2018 Subaru Sea Otter Classic: April 19 – 22, 2018
with camping beginning on Wednesday, April 18th at 12 noon
- IMPORTANT: Campsites are limited to no more than eight (8) people and a MAXIMUM of two (2) vehicles per site. At least one camper at each campsite must be eighteen years old (no unattended children or youth). All vehicles beyond the two per site will be towed!
- Registered camper must check in to receive their camping parking passes (two per campsite, only) for the primary and support vehicle and the pass(es) must be displayed and visible at all times. Each vehicle in the campground areas must display and have visible at all times a specific 2018 Camping Parking Pass for the reserved site # location. Additional vehicles (beyond the two) must park at Wolf Hill General Parking. No extra vehicles will be parked in the campground areas! Sea Otter Classic is not responsible for any lost or stolen items at your campsite, in or at your vehicle or trailer, including a Camping Parking Pass. We encourage you to lock up!
- Campsite parking: The primary vehicle and a guest or support vehicle must be within or near their designated campsite, and well off the roadway. Vehicles must be parked appropriately, not blocking traffic or fire lanes. General Event Parking is free and is located at Wolf Hill (no camping here).
- All camping reservations must be paid at the time of reservation using a valid Visa, MasterCard, or AMEX credit card. On-site at the event, cash or valid credit card are accepted for payment.
- Water at Laguna Seca Recreation Area is non-potable. Do not drink the water at this Monterey County Park. Please bring your own water or filtration system.
- Drones for recreational use are not allowed at the Laguna Seca Recreation Area or during the Sea Otter Classic. Professional drone media use may be approved when the required insurance and FAA paperwork has been submitted and approved by the Sea Otter Media Center Manager. The Sea Otter Classic reserves the right to confiscate any unregistered drones found to be flying at any time during the event. For more information, go to the Media webpage for the event.
- Quiet hours are to be observed by each person at every campsite from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am. Please abide by the Quiet Hours and respect others. The ‘quiet hours’ includes loud talking, parties, generators, music, and dogs. “Family Camping”/Quiet Area- Quiet hours are to be observed and honored from 9:00 pm to 7:00 am. Please be courteous and polite of fellow campers. If you brought a dog, keep your dog from barking. Any generator must run quietly.
- Marked fire lanes must be kept clear at all times. Violators will be towed at owner’s expense.
- No electronic equipment, including radios, which emit a sound beyond the immediate campsite may be used.
- Important Note: Campers may only camp in their reserved site. Individuals found camping in an area or a site not reserved by them will be asked to vacate the campsite immediately; an additional campsite charge can be imposed. Stay within your designated campsite space; please do not encroach on your neighbor. All camp stay is specific to reservation and site number.
- Keep your vehicles locked and valuables out of sight. Do not leave personal property out at night or unattended. Report suspicious activity.
- Dumping gray water onto the ground is prohibited. There is a complimentary, self-serve, central disposal station at Laguna Seca available at the top of “A” Road. However, dump station hours are limited during the event; please plan accordingly.
- The consumption and/or possession of alcohol by a person under the age of 21 is strictly prohibited. No drugs are allowed. For misconduct, a no tolerance policy will be enforced and you will be asked to leave the 2018 Sea Otter Classic AND Laguna Seca Recreation Area. This is a family-friendly event for all persons to enjoy and to be safe. Please follow all camping rules and regulations.
- Personal use of beer and wine in single-serving containers is permitted if purchased from pre-approved vendors.
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
- No scaffolding or structures are to be erected within camping areas.
- No bicycle jumping on or over vehicles and other structures of any kind. No destruction of other’s property
- No open (on-the-ground) fires. No smudge pots. Fires are permitted in enclosed containers, such as charcoal grills or hibachis, and in any fire rings or grills that are in place at the campsite. For SOC Camping– only campgrounds Grand Prix “A”, Chaparral “B”, and Can-Am Circle “C” have provided fire rings within the campgrounds. No ground fires are allowed. Firewood bundles may be purchased on-site in the campground areas.
- No firearms, fireworks, or weapons of any kind are allowed at Laguna Seca Recreation Area.
- No golf carts or quads. Registered and licensed vehicles only. Both Camping Services and Shuttles for Sea Otter Classic are excluded in cart use.
- Mountain bikes are permitted on paved roads only, except during sanctioned races.
- The California law requiring cyclists under age 18 to wear a helmet is enforced on all Laguna Seca roads. For a quick guide to California bicycle laws, refer to the California Bike Coalition’s Rules of the Road.
- Absolutely no admittance to the trackside of the spectator fences; this is for your safety.
- Dogs in Campgrounds: Dogs are not recommended at Sea Otter Classic. Dogs are only allowed at Sea Otter Classic in campsites and in campground area! A maximum of two (2) dogs allowed per campsite.
- Dogs are NOT allowed in any other areas of the Laguna Seca Recreation Area venue- including all racing and event areas, Festival/Expo/Sea Otter Village. Dogs may not be left unattended or left outside a vehicle or tent. Each dog MUST be on leash at all times; the leash may be no longer than six feet in length. Promptly pick up after your pet and dispose of waste properly. No pet may be a nuisance to others. Proof of current vaccinations is required.
- Campsite occupation – Wednesday through Saturday: Camping at Sea Otter Classic begins on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at noon and goes through Saturday night, April 21, 2018. All Sea Otter Classic campers must depart from their site by 4:00 pm on Sunday*, April 22, 2018. There is no overnight camping on Sunday night in the Paddock “D”.
- Post Event Camping* at the venue: If you wish to camp after 4 pm on Sunday, April 22, 2018, you may do so. The Paddock “D” is not available for camping post event. Sunday night stay from 4 pm on must be reserved through SCRAMP at 831-242-8200. Fees will also be collected on site by Park staff.
- For a life-threatening emergency—call 9-1-1.
- Your SOC Campground Host is available to assist and answer questions of your camping stay. For further daytime assistance– please see Julie, Camping Coordinator, at ‘Camping Check-In’.
A complete line of rentals are available from Family RV at special 2018 Sea Otter Classic rates!
Family RV, located in Morgan Hill, California, is noted for their excellent customer service and quality rental units. They rent motor homes, trailers, and 5th wheels along with bedding and kitchen kits to meet all of your camping needs. Their rental units are up-to-date models with a wide variety of sizes and floor plans.
Family RV makes renting simple and easy, you can pick up your rental unit in Morgan Hill or have it delivered to your Sea Otter Classic campsite! For complete details go to www.familyrv.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact them by phone (408) 612-4700.
Please reserve your Sea Otter Classic campsite first and then complete the process with Family RV.
- What can I rent from Family RV for my campsite? – Family RV rents motor homes (24 ft – 39 ft), travel trailers (14 ft – 39 ft), and fifth wheels ( 33 ft – 38 ft)
- Can they deliver & pick up the rental unit to campsite? – Yes, for a discounted fee of $400.00.
- Where is Family RV located? – Family RV is located at 19380 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
- Do I have to have a campsite reservation before reserving my rental? – Yes. so that we know your size restriction and if you need a motor home or trailer.
- Does my campsite have to have full hook ups in order to rent a motor home or trailer? – If your campsite does not have full hook ups you may need to rent a motor home instead of a trailer unless you bring along a generator or you can rent one from us for $45.00 per day.
- Do I have to be at my campsite when they deliver or pick up my rental unit? – We would prefer that you are but if you cannot be there we will give you the information on how to retrieve the keys to the rental unit.
- Do the rental units come with bedding, towels, or kitchen accessories? – They do not but you can rent a kitchen kit for $75.00 or bedding and towel kit for $55.00 per person and your rental unit will be stocked with them.
- What are the rental rates? Get a rental quote on our website.
- How can I check to see if a particular unit or size is available? You can email us at email@example.com.
* Mention that you saw us on the Sea Otter Classic website and get a 5% discount off of the daily rate *
Family RV caters to Sea Otter Classic campers! They offer motor home and travel trailer rentals and delivery and pick up of your rental right to your Sea Otter Classic campsite, or you can pick it up yourself in Morgan Hill, California — your choice. Contact Family RV today for the best selection.
Family RV Inc
19380 Monterey Rd.
Morgan Hill, CA 95037